Saturday, August 11, 2012

46. Jethro Haynes

OK, this is my last artist that deals with shoes. Jethro Haynes, unlike some of the other artist I looked at, uses shoes as a base for his art work, instead of the shoe being the main subject. Growing up in Kuwait, he spent a lot of time in the desert, and some time around the water. Fascinated with insects and sea creatures, he transformed this into his inspiration for art.



Haynes really uses the shoes shape, and every aspect of the shoe in the design. He will use the color of the shoe for the ground color, the shoe strings to create a waterfall, and the hole of the shoe, as a lake. You can tell the octopus is a frequent inspiration. Alot of his designs have long lims, or branches that display alot of movement, like an octopus.

My favorite of his works is the Van shoe made to look like a small town, with a creature invading. This for some reason reminds me of Monster Inc, I think its just the colors blue, purple and green. I just wish he had little people running around.








No comments:

Post a Comment