Wednesday, August 1, 2012

18. Adela Tavares

Its weird when I chose this artist, I was thinking to myself, something caught my eye about her work, but not in a good way. I look at her portraits and their filled with color and, clarity to see what’s going on. However, her portraits don't have that "IT" factor that sparks, like other artist I have chosen (Peggi Habets and Jayne Cooper).

Adela Tavares was born in Timisoara, Romania in 1977. Tavares has attended art schools since middle school, earning her BA in art from the University of The West Timisoara. After graduating she moved to New York. She says on her website that drawing faces has always been her passions, in which she explores in her works.


                                       

This work for some reason is displeasing to look at. This man has rings around his eyes, almost like he doesn’t get much sleep. His skin is this nasty pale color and his nose is red. Then the artist made him look like he was drooling blood.
Tavares did do a good job creating this disturbing image. The colors she used, doesn’t make this man look flattering at all.  Honestly I don't know why I'm so creeped out by this painting. This dude legit reminds me of someone who is crazy, a stocker or something, I've seen on a TV show.


                                    

Here are a couple of her other paintings which aren't as creepy to look at. However as I was saying before her works are good, she is talented at what she does, however theirs no spark in the faces. I think what drew me to her works, was the colorful hair.

I am not trying to bash Adela Tavares in any way, I is my opinion after all. She does however create other things besides portraits; I just felt I need to focus on them

No comments:

Post a Comment