Thursday, August 9, 2012

36. Scott Weaver

When I stumbled across artist who used tooth picks, I found plenty that I could discuss. One that stud out was Scott Weaver; this dude took 34 YEARS...not days, not weeks and not months, but 34 years to build his model. Weaver built a 9 ft tall, 7 ft wide and 2ft deep toothpick model of San Francisco. The more fascinating, aspect to his model, are the 4 pingpong ball rolling tracks and several entry points. You can actually play with the model, now thats DOPE! Weaver, before starting this 34 year project, started his toothpick career, by building models and rolling pingpong balls on them.

The "Rolling through the Bay" displays many of the iconic sights in San Francisco, such as the Golden State Park, Bay Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf and many more. The model consist of over 1,000,000 toothpicks. That may seem like it's breaking his pockets, but you can by toothpicks for 99 cents for a pack of 750.

Ripley's Believe it or Not offered Scott $40,000 for the model, but he turned it down. This dude is dedicated and really patient. I think the longest I've took on and of my works, was a year; and thats only becuase I lost my motivation to finish the piece.

                                                                        

                                    ladies2

No comments:

Post a Comment