Friday, August 10, 2012

41. Heide Hatry

Heide Hatry is a very peculiar artist to me. I've reviewed many of her works, really cant figure her style out.

Heide Hatry is very peculiar to me. I've viewed her work and can't figure her out.

She grew up South of Germany on a pig farm. She left home at a young age to school. She studied at different schools in Germany and art history at the University of Heidlbery. She taught at a private art school for 15 years before moving to New York in 2003. She is a very smart individual, editing more than two dozen books and art catalouges. She has had many exhititions around the  world. Her art explores body preformance and exploring her feminist side, and employing animal flesh and organs. Her work without a doubt, causes controversy.

When I veiw her work, I don't know what to think. It's not that I do not like it, but I just have a curiosity to want to veiw her work, to try an gain my own understanding.

    



One of her works I do like, are these two pigs below. I look at this as humerous. When every people are doing any thing nasty in public, you think "PIGS" or filty animals, thats what this reminds me of. The facial expression and the movements are pretty funny to.



No comments:

Post a Comment