Friday, August 10, 2012

39. Joe Martino

Many of my friends who are not artist, believe abstract art is a cop out for artist who really have no talent. And I always have to tell them, that when I veiw abstract art, you see things, it evokes an emotion and sometimes has a bigger meaning than you can see.

Joe Martino art does just that. His abstract expressionism brings a sense a curisoty. Martino explores and experiments with design, color and different media. His works, he says: "Are characterized by a sense of mystery and invites the viewer in". Which I completey get that feeling when I'm exploring his works.

One thing that intrigues me about his art are the textures he creates on his canvas. Martino does this by working in layers of acrylic paint, gesso, modeling paste and them using different fibers, papers and metals. Martino is influence by sience and nature, since he was  a former teacher of chemistry, anatomy, and marine biology.


Isometric Curve by Joe Martino

Artissimo 1 by Joe Martino
Artissimo

Rhythms Continue 1 and 2  

No comments:

Post a Comment